Saturday 5 July 2008

Telegraphy

Fame! ...well, nearly. This blog gets a mention in Diane Purkiss' review of Becoming Drusilla in the Daily Telegraph
Dru buys a brightly coloured top to mark her femininity more strongly. Beard thinks she must order a half instead of a pint in a pub. Must Dru also become incompetent with machines? Must she become garrulously confessional, emoting for his benefit and ours? (On her own blog, Dru writes back, and there too she's less juicily confessional than we might wish.)
Quite. Juicy confessions? In these shoes? I don't think so.

It is a good review. Intelligent. I am pleased.

I am also surprised but pleased to see one of my photos there...


...although I am slightly mystified by the bit in the corner of it that says "BID UP TV", which is, Google tells me, a shopping channel. Has someone been selling my photos on telly? -what a confusing old world it is.

4 comments:

  1. Yes it is a good review. She has grasped the essence, and the issues, and is rightly complimentary.

    Re the picture...yes it would seem that Bid-Up TV seems to think it owns this photo, which it clearly doesn't. Seriously, I would ring the Picture Desk on the Telegraph and make enquiries about where they got it etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the price of fame....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postscript time. The Telegraph got the photo from Harvill Secker, which is fine by me as it helps promote the book. The Harvill people don't know why the BID UP TV thing is there, and the Telegraph didn't reply to my e-mail, but I let the matter drop as it is simply misattribution rather than appropriation. Which is still a bit annoying, but not the end of the world.

    ReplyDelete