Monday 3 November 2008

busy, busy, busy

The launch of The Bristol Downs: a natural history year took place on Wednesday, and went very well. Loads of people, lots of books sold and signed. Geraldine gave a lively talk, then I did a Powerpoint show about illustrating the book. Which also went well; people even laughed. In the right places.

And then I took a day off and drove my newly-fixed car up a Welsh mountain. There it is, look. That's Mynydd Maen. I used to live up there. Cosy, isn't it?



4 comments:

  1. It does look a little bleak. I imagine when the sun shines....
    The best test for a newly fixed car - drive up a Welsh (or any) mountain. I'm glad it passed the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My aunt reads my blog sometimes, and bought your book! She emailed me, and said, 'I know that name, then I realized where from!'

    Small world.

    Brr. not very cozy!! Sort of looks like the view from my office window today, except for the big apartment building. ;-) Same grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOooo I love that photo, Dru!

    The bleak just leaps outta of it.



    ..which I suppose explains why I turned the heating back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the sun is shining and there are skylarks singing, it can be really nice, Anji. Just out of sight here is the sheep dip where I once helped out with the dipping, a communal affair which was quite hilarious and chaotic.

    Cor, small world indeed, Chandira! The sun has been shining these last few days here, which makes for beautiful skies but blooming cold flats

    Thanks, SR. Bleak is what Mynydd Maen does best of all, I think. Thank goodness I've got a car these days.

    ReplyDelete