Tuesday 18 August 2009

on air

Geraldine and I went down to BCFM, Bristol's community radio station, to talk with Tom Bigwood about the Downs wildlife book. We got there very early, and had chance to talk with Tom while some music was playing. News had been breaking even as we had been sitting in the foyer of the radio station; a knifeman had been wandering around stabbing people, and there was much police activity. Apparently, he was arrested just down the road from the studio.

But we didn't let it get in the way of Spreading The Word. Geraldine mentioned that blackberries are in season on the Downs. I thought of mentioning the damsons, some of which are even now steeping in vodka in my kitchen; but hey, people don't need to know that. Some things need to be secret. Shhhhh.




4 comments:

  1. It's all happening in Bristol!
    If I lived closer I think I'd be considering a little blackmail as regards the damsons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. its ok, tell them about the damsons. I've had all the good 'uns from round my way.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how mistrustful people are! Sometimes people approach to see what I'm doing, when I'm picking, and I explain and offer them a sample. And they look mistrustfully at it and then hand it back...

    I got some beautiful plums from a greengrocer in Monmouth last week, presumably harvested from someone's garden. They were small and beep purply-black and packed with flavour, and luscious. And they had an unusual name, which I promptly forgot, but may have just been the pet name for the tree by its owner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Watch out for video, Dru. Video killed the radio star :-)

    ReplyDelete